High-quality hand-made berimbau specially made for kids.
People and especially parents try to figure out what birthday gift to buy for kids. We can’t think of something any kid who practices capoeira regularly will love more than a berimbau made especially for him. Holding a berimbau on the pinky (small) finger can be tough or even impossible for some kids.
Our berimbau for kids is small in size, yet creates a very good sound. It’s light in weight and easy to handle. So the child can practice whenever he wants and for longer periods of time.
But the most important thing is that they can show it off to their friends.
This makes the kids berimbau, the perfect gift for any boy or a girl who practices capoeira!
The berimbau is a single-string percussion instrument, a musical bow. Originally from Africa, it was eventually incorporated into the practice of the Afro-Brazilian martial art capoeira. The berimbau (the soul of capoeira) leads the capoeiristas movement in the roda. The faster it is playing the faster the capoeiristas are moving in the game.
The berimbau consists of a wooden bow (called verga). We use a unique tree that grows in Israel. It has good flexibility, as well as lighter weight than the traditional Brazilian biriba wood, but has the same quality sound. This makes our products lighter and so easier and more comfortable to play for a longer period of time.
Size of the verga is about 1 to 1.5 meters long for the adults’ and teens’ size. But the kids’ size of the verga is between 80 cm up to 100 cm. With a steel string (arame) stretched on the verga. In our berimbaus, we use a brand new string and not like other manufacturers who usually pull it from the inside of an automobile tire. The use of a brand new arame gives our berimbau a clearer sound. The arame is tightly strung and secured from one end of the verga to the other. And then the most important part of the berimbau is the cabaça (gourd-like fruit). We open, dry and clean it from the inside. We secure it to the lower portion of the berimbau, and it is used to amplify and resonate the sound.
Each piece is unique and hand-made. This means the sound of each instrument has slight differences from one to the other. But nevertheless, all of them looks and sounds beautiful!
Cover & painting
We allow our customers to choose from several lacquer colors or painting options.
- Clear – natural
- Pine – bright
- Cherry red – Default color
- Venga – black
- Custom painted – we will paint the berimbau in a unique way especially for you.
- No cover – If you plan on painting your berimbau yourself. You’ll get it with clean wood, so it will be easy for you to paint it as you wish.
When you choose the custom painted, please send us some inspiration to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only want to choose the colors? Write it to us in the order’s message.
If we won’t get any instructions from you about the painting colors within 4 days after the order we’ll do something that we think kids will like. Anyway we’ll try to contact you if we have some information missing.
- Kids size: 80-100 cm (Only one size of the cabaça because of its small size)
Kids Berimbaus are with one size cabaça
Because of the small size of the berimbau, it comes with a one size cabaça.
What do you get in the package?
- Berimbau for kids
- Caxixi (Shaker)
- Baqueta (wooden stick)
- Pedra (stone)
- We are not responsible for any tax payment you need to pay in your country when receiving the product. Please check it before buying.
- WARNING: Non-contractual photos. Every manufactured instrument is unique! However, we guarantee you an impeccable quality with a visual aspect as close as possible to the pictures.
- The cabaça is fragile. So Please make sure to keep it safe and don’t drop it.
- When the berimbau isn’t in use, it is advised to release the arame.